Players might want to wrap their heads around these maps and plan accordingly for gear, nutrition and hydration. Pay special attention to the aid station locations (more details on aid station mileage and crew access can be found here.) While there are eight fully stocked locations, there are big miles and loads of climbing between them; use an abundance of caution and stock up on calories and liquids before setting out for the next waypoint. Note: click on any of the images or links to view or download .pdf versions.
This map is annotated with, among other details, three types of safety patrols you may see along the trail. The park service asked us to invite the Mountain Biking Unit (MBU) and the equestrian Mounted Volunteer Patrol (MVP), along with a small group of trail runners, to move along the course to check if everyone is still breathing. Say hi to them along the way!
Note: for additional aid station details (type of food, crew access, directions) click here to go to the Aid Station page of this website.
Note: additional aid station details (type of food, crew access, directions) click here to go to the Aid Station page of this website.
Detailed Topographical Maps (these are large-ish files; please relax and enjoy the free time while they load):
- Start - Roads to the starting line
- Section 2 - Will Rogers State Park to The Hub
- Section 3 - The Hub to Fossil Ridge
- Section 4 - Fossil Ridge to Mesa Peak Motorway
- Section 5 - Mesa Peak Motorway to Latigo Canyon Rd
- Section 6 - Latigo Canyon Rd to Etz Malloy Motorway
- Section 7 - Etz Malloy Motorway to Chamberlain Trail
- Finish - Chamberlain Trail to La Jolla Canyon finish line