Players might want to wrap their heads around these maps and plan accordingly for gear, nutrition and hydration. Pay special attention to the aid station locations (more details on aid station mileage and crew access can be found here.) While there are eight fully stocked locations, there are big miles and loads of climbing between them; use an abundance of caution and stock up on calories and liquids before setting out for the next waypoint. Note: click on any of the images or links to view or download .pdf versions.
Note to 2014 Players: this map has been updated from the 2013 version to reflect 2 versus 3 start teams. For additional aid station details (type of food, crew access, directions) click here to go to the Aid Station page of this website.
Note: additional aid station details (type of food, crew access, directions) click here to go to the Aid Station page of this website. Also, note updated distance calculation between the Kanan and Encinal Canyon aid stations.
Detailed Topographical Maps (these are large-ish files; please relax and enjoy the free time while they load):
- Start – Roads to the starting line
- Section 2 – Will Rogers State Park to The Hub
- Section 3 – The Hub to Fossil Ridge
- Section 4 – Fossil Ridge to Mesa Peak Motorway
- Section 5 – Mesa Peak Motorway to Latigo Canyon Rd
- Section 6 – Latigo Canyon Rd to Etz Malloy Motorway
- Section 7 – Etz Malloy Motorway to Chamberlain Trail
- Section 8 – Chamberlain Trail to La Jolla Canyon finish line
And if that was not enough… here are the loops to round out the 100 mile options
Loop 1 – Danielson > Old Boney / Coyote Trail > Danielson
Loop 2 – Danielson > LaJolla Valley / Mugu Peak > Danielson
Loop 3 – Danielson > Serrano Valley > Danielson
After Loop 3 you will follow the traditional finish from Danielson to Wood Canyon Vista to Overlook to Ray Miller trail to the finish as noted in Section 8 above.